1578 London Line
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Evenings, Saturday by Appointment Only
Steel and Fiberglass Doors
Steel doors have become the product of choice for most new construction and renovations projects, and with proper attention to strength, quality and energy efficiency issues, offer a great solution to homeowners. The steel doors offered at H. Moore and Son offer various features and additional benefits to withstand our climate.
- A multi-finned, adjustable self-draining door sweep directs rain water to the self-draining sill, eliminating water leaks to interior floor yet allowing for movement without affecting the door seal.
- Warm edge self-draining door sill provides a solid foundation to support weight, while directing rain water to the exterior of door and eliminating interior condensation.
- The insulated steel door panel is constructed of 24-gauge galvanized steel slabs with wood and CFC free polyurethane foam insulation core, and 12" wood lock block.
- Oversized 1½" wood jambs provide additional strength against warping. In comparison to the industry standard 1¼", a heavier frame anchors the hinges, supporting the door panels and heavy glass.
- The 18-gauge 12" steel plate applied to the jambs where the handle and lock are located, provides maximum security against break-ins.
- Ball bearing hinges, available in brass, nickel or patina finishes, provide effortless swing, maximum support and durability while allowing you to keep the aesthetic style of your home.
- Door panels compress tight against hinge jamb bulb weather stripping to prevent drafts, while the magnetic weather stripping surrounding the top and operating side magnetizes to the steel door, giving a consistent seal against air flow (similar to a refrigerator door!)
- The aluminum and vinyl sill is textured for an anti-slip surface, and is also thermally broken to eliminate frost transfer.
- Prefinished white steel slabs mean no painting. And with a multitude of other factory-finished colour options to choose from, you are sure to find a colour that suits your home.
Fibreglass doors offer the best of steel and wood. Guaranteed to not dent, split, rot or warp like wood doors, they can be painted or stained to a desired look.
- The solid CFC free polyeurethane foam core offers six times greater insulation value than wood doors.
- The deep, embossed paneling adds a look of luxury with higher standards than steel. Our fibreglass doors have a high impact surface that is ten times more durable than steel that with a 25 year warranty against thermal bowing, and any other manufacturing defects, the fibreglass doors gives you peace of mind for years to come.
- Fibreglass comes alive with the natural appearance of wood, but maintains all the benefits of fibreglass. Adds immediate character to your home!
Choose from a wide variety of glass sizes and designs.
Visit the following websites, or stop by our showroom!